Free School Meal Eligibility and Other Benefits
If your financial situation has changed recently and you think that you could be eligible for benefits, there are some important steps for you to follow:
If your income has decreased, you must contact HMRC to update them on your change of circumstances:
Follow the link below for further information:
If you already qualify for Child or other Tax Credits, or think that you may qualify, then contact the HMRC to report your change of circumstances:
You can do this online:
Or by phone or post:
Tel: 0345 300 3900
Tax Credit Office
HM Revenue and Customs
If you think that you may qualify for Free School Meals, please complete this form and email to St Paul’s school using the address: email@example.com time for return to school on 3rd September. A report will then be run, to check eligibility.
If you have already completed a form and have been informed that you don’t currently qualify, please check your circumstances with the criteria below.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 1 – DOES EITHER PARENT RECEIVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- N.B. If you receive WORKING TAX CREDIT you do NOT qualify even if you receive child tax credit and your income is below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
CRITERIA 2 – APPLICATION FOR OTHER PUPIL PREMIUM
- Is your child a looked-after child (LAC)? i.e. in the care of, or provided with accommodation by an English local authority?
- Has your child ceased to be looked after by the local authority because of adoption,
- a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order?
- FOR PUPILS IN YEAR GROUPS RECEPTION TO YEAR 11 Are either or both parents regular members of HM Forces and designated as personal category 1 or 2 (PStat Cat 1 or 2), in the armed forces of another nation and stationed in England or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence?
If you still consider that you should be eligible, then please email the school on the address above. We will ask for a digital copy of your proof of eligibility. e.g Tax Credit letter or Universal Credit letter.
Runnymede Food Bank
Runnymede Borough Council (RBC), in partnership with the Runnymede Foodbank, can provide Foodbank parcels for families in need and are there to help.
The Runnymede Foodbank is fully operational, 7 days a week, and anyone in financial distress, can call the council on 01932 83 83 83 and they will organise a Foodbank parcel to be delivered or just follow the link below:
A quick contact link is here:
If you feel that you are in need of extra support, please contact the school office and we can do an e-referral on your behalf.